Sunday, March 18, 2012

Veggie Enchiladas

I needed a quick meal and had no meat thawed and wanted enchiladas. I had no enchilada sauce so I got one Krista had made before and then made up my own enchiladas based on what I had and they turned out amazing.
Enchilada Sauce:
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 c chicken or vegetable broth (can also use water)
1 8 oz can tomato paste (I used tomato sauce)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
-- Heat oil, flour and chili powder. Then add the remaining ingredients. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring consistently.

Enchiladas:
2-3 c cheese
1 can black beans, rinsed
Spinach (as much or as little as you like. I did about 2 large handfuls)
1 can corn
3-5 green onions
1 tsp cumin
10-12 tortillas

-- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Leave a little cheese to add on top. Fill tortillas up with mixture in a 9x13 pan. Add enchilada sauce on top and add the remaining cheese. Cook on 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment