Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Best Bundt Cake. Period.

A lady in my neighborhood made this for a church activity and I immiately fell in love! I am a succor for any kind of Bundt cake! She told me where she got the receipe: www.thepioneerwoman.com


Ingredients:
5 whole eggs
1 package fo white or yellow cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1 package (small) instant vanilla pudding
1 cup half and half
1 t. almond extract
2 T sugar
2 T cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
Beat eggs well until foamy. Add all remaining ingredients, except for the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Prepare a bundt pan with spray oil and coat the pan with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Pour batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
To get cake our of the pain in one piece, allow it to cook for only 3-5 minutes. Then invert the bundt pan onto a plate and allow to cool and for the cake to slide out of the pan.

The recipe didn't have a frosting to go with it. I made a simple powdered sugar and water frosting. At the church activity, they made homemade whipped cream and put it on top of each slice.

1 comment:

  1. Bah, I just started a dessert/candy bet with my husband! WHY? I miss baking. This would be my next attempt for sure.

    ReplyDelete