Saturday, June 23, 2012

Homemade Freezer Jam

My mom has made this recipe probably since she married my dad. I have a hard time eating store bought Jam because of this! You can use any fruit you want for this recipe.
 Put your strawberries in a sink full of water. Cut off the stem and place in your blender. You want 3 cups of blended fruit.
 Add 5 cups of sugar to a big bowl. Add your blended fruit. Stir for 1 minute. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
 This is the only kind of pectin we use. Mix 1 package of MCP pectin with 1 c. water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute while stirring. Pour boiling mixture into fruit and sugar and stir for 2 minutes.
Pour your jam into freezer containers. Let it sit overnight on your counter. Put lids on and place into your freezer.

1 comment:

  1. I just got a whole bowl full of raspberries from my Grandma Diane's house. I am so going to turn them into this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete